Script Load Manager
Last Revised August, 2019
This document describes the Script Load Manager and provides
information on how and why to use it.
Table of Contents
Note that these scripts only install into JAWS 17.0 and later.
To install these scripts on a new system:
- Load JAWS if this has not already been done. This will require
administrative privileges on the computer.
- Run JAWS as the user for whom the scripts are to be installed.
This and the following steps must be performed for each user of the computer
who will be using JAWS with these scripts.
- Download and run, or run directly, the installer for these scripts; and follow the on-screen
directions. Be sure to install the scripts in the currently running
JAWS version if a JAWS version list is presented.
The purpose of these scripts is to arrange for the loading of appropriate scripts in supported JAWS versions when JAWS itself is unable to load them correctly.
These scripts operate transparently; that is, they do not include any user commands but simply do their work behind the scenes.
At this writing, these scripts arrange script loading for the following, each assuming the mentioned scripts are installed:
- Skype 8 scripts for the Skype 8.51 main window.
- Skype 8 scripts for split-view-mode Skype 8.51 chat windows.
This is the revision history of these scripts, most recent revision first:
- Revision 5, August 23, 2019