Support for these scripts is primarily provided in the following
places, most preferred first:
- SkypeEnglish Mailing List
- Public forum in which blind Skype users can help each other.
- @dlee_code on Twitter
- The script author's low-traffic Twitter account for project
(including script) announcements and limited technical support.
This page is laid out for easy navigation via JAWS:
- Use h to jump from section to section.
- Use Tab to move among links for
different script versions. JAWSKey+F7 should also provide
a list of these links.
This is the first script release specifically aimed at Skype 6.22 and later.
These scripts are not intended for use with any Skype version older
(they might work but at least typing indicators would not).
should tell you your current Skype version number.
This script version is also restricted to JAWS 12.0 and later and will
not install on older JAWS versions. See the
"Plans and Reasons To End Script Support for JAWS Versions Older Than 12.0"
page for details on this change.
Here are the changes in release 6.22a, most recent first.
In JAWS, use the h or 3 keys to move through
changes by release date, or Tab to jump straight to the
Revision 886, released November 4, 2014
- Typing indicators work in Skype 6.22. Warning: They do not work in
Skype 6.21 and older with these scripts.
- Ctrl+1/2 may work more reliably.
- Radio buttons should be better named in Options, though the counts
per option set may not be correct for now.
- The type for the box for blocking numbers is fixed.
SayAll in a chat message list pauses between messages.
- Some unknown function calls for JAWS 15+ Skype script commands are fixed.
These were the result of running these Skype scripts in JAWS 15+ and
then trying to use commands supported by the default Skype scripts in
- Ctrl+Shift+E jumps to the chat edit box as it does in
JAWS 15+ without these scripts.
- Arrows work in the Options/Sounds list.
- If Skype tries to focus the "Application Access" box when it is
not visible, the scripts move focus to the chat input box. If there
is no visible chat input box, focus is forced to the Search edit box,
from which a DownArrow will go to whichever list is showing.
This issue probably affects only users of third-party Skype addons.
- Reordering entries in skype.jkm will no longer break handling of
the command key that prefixes all layered Skype script commands. The
symptom of this issue was unexpected "Current command key not found"
messages on startup.
- Fixed clipboard functionality in chat input boxes in JAWS 16. Warning:
The functionality of a chat input box on the first message sent to a
person may not be good for some JAWS 16 users. The JAWS 15 fix for this
broke things in JAWS 16.
Download: Revision 622a executable installer (can also open with 7Zip)