Support for these scripts is primarily provided in the following
places, most preferred first:
- SkypeEnglish Mailing List
- Public forum in which blind Skype users can help each other.
- @dlee_code on Twitter
- The script author's low-traffic Twitter account for project
(including script) announcements and limited technical support.
This page is laid out for easy navigation via JAWS:
- Use h to jump from section to section.
- Use Tab to move among links for
different script versions. JAWSKey+F7 should also provide
a list of these links.
This is the first script release specifically aimed at Skype 6.18 and later.
These scripts are not intended for use with any Skype version older
should tell you your current Skype version number.
This script version is also restricted to JAWS 12.0 and later and will
not install on older JAWS versions. See the
"Plans and Reasons To End Script Support for JAWS Versions Older Than 12.0"
page for details on this change.
This script version is dynamic, meaning that updates to it will be made
"in place. Newer revisions will
replace older ones, and I will add change notes to this section as changes
In these scripts, the information announced for JAWSKey+Q
will include not only the version number but also the exact
revision number of the scripts you are running.
Here are the changes in release 6.18a, most recent first.
In JAWS, use the h or 3 keys to move through
changes by release date, or Tab to jump straight to the
Revision 851, released August 30, 2014
This was the first non-beta script release for Skype 6.18 and later
and includes the following enhancements:
- Fixed a problem with Keyboard Help mode affecting the help
announcements for Alt with numbers.
Revision 848, released August 20, 2014
This revision was released as a beta and was the first release aimed
at, and restricted to, Skype 6.18 and later. It includes the following
enhancements over the previous scripts, which were targeted at Skype 6.9:
- The online Users Guide for the scripts is updated to reflect Skype
- Timestamps can be silenced, and F2 toggles this as it once did.
- Message statuses ("not delivered," "new," "edited," etc.) speak
before message content, again as before.
- Double announcement of names on action lines and contact sharing
messages should no longer occur.
- Chat message virtualization works again, including Enter on links.
This script update eliminates the "alignment error" message often
- File transfer info and other special text reads with messages.
- Ctrl+6 works to read instead of focus a profile area.
- Much obsolete code for old Skype and JAWS versions is removed,
possibly improving script performance.
- Menu buttons like Switch Message Type now say MenuButton instead of Edit Combo.
- Call Quality panel button names again read appropriately.
- Ctrl+Shift+O and Command o sequences are removed as
they can no longer safely be implemented.
Download: Revision 618a executable installer (can also open with 7Zip)